Setup Printing For Android
Learn how to setup and configure order printing for Android devices with our printing software
Our system allows you to manually and automatically print out new orders. This guide will show you how to set order printing and troubleshoot issues.
|| We are happy to remotely set up your printer for you. We know this is a step that can trip up many people due to every printer being a bit different. Please get in touch with us if you need assistance.
- An Android device with Android 1.4 or above
- A ESC/POS compatible printer
- 1.Visit your restaurant dashboard and navigate to "Settings > Receipt Printing > Create Printer"
- 2.Fill out the following:
- Printer Name
- Go to Printer Settings and make sure that the Printing Method is “ESCPOS” and the Printing Type is in ESCPOS Image. (Note that some older printers may not support this method and ESCPOS Text Only can be used in these cases.
- The default paper settings work for most printers. If the test print is cutting off the edge of the text, please adjust the Paper Scale Factor to 1.7 and test again.
Printer Settings for Android
3. Once all the printer configuration is done, click "Save"
4. After creating it, you will get a unique API key to connect to it. Keep this screen open as you will need to copy your API key soon.
- 2.After it is installed successfully, PushPrinter will automatically open
- 1.Press the "Settings Cog" and select Default.
2. Press the "+” sign on the top to configure a printing service. Make sure that the printer is on.
3. Pair the Android device to the printer via Bluetooth
4. Once it’s successfully connected, a test print will be sent to the printer.
5. Fill out Printer Details such as the Printer Name, API Key and Number of Copies.
Note: If it will ask for a pin code, oftentimes, it is “0000” or “1234”
- API can be found on the restaurant's printer settings. (Settings > Receipt Printing)
- Ensure that the API is correct.
6. Once all the details are filled out, check the status of the printer on your restaurant’s settings. Make sure it appears as connected.
Visit your orders page. Select an order, under the action select bar, select print. We recommend printing both short and long orders to ensure that there is nothing being cut out vertically. If you have enabled auto-printing for this print configuration, place an order and test out the auto printing